Good morning to all stakeholders, partners and friends! We are pleased to inform you
of the following:
1. Six of our students qualified for the South African Championships for cross-
country. We were unable to send the children to participate this year. We hope
we shall be able to arrange for participation in 2018.
2. The Tshega Open Week, which was held on the 15 th to 17 th of August 2017,
was a great success! Three days were arranged for all stakeholders to visit the
project and experience Tshega’s stewardship. Thank you to all the partners
who were able to attend!
3. We started building our new pre-school! Thank you to our sponsor Fly and Help
via Mohau Germany. Burgert Kloppers for taking time out of his day to support
our project as building manager. Hannes Muller for demarcation and Van
Rooyen Machinery for their support!
4. Our Orphan and Vulnerable children went on their yearly outing on the 9th of
September 2017. The day was full of fun and laughter.
5. The Principal’s Training was well attended. Mr. Maake represented the
Department of Education. There were 35 primary and high school principals
who attended the training. Fred Hoffman of NAISA and LISA was the facilitator.
Training was done on responsibilities and rights of school principal’s.
6. The META (Doxa Deo) student group visited Tshega from the 10 th to 14 th of
September 2017. There were seventy students who worked at a rural day care
center and on the Tshega base. Some of the work the students did:
constructing a roof, putting up a fence, cleaning the playground, painting the
play area, making tire furniture, fixing our old bus for a cafeteria, doing
inventory, attending church services and evangelizing, making learning aids by
using tires and much more! The group empowered our vision of
7. The Lighthouse Academy will be visiting Tzaneen Laerskool on the 20 th of
September for athletics training. Thank you to Mande de Nysschen for the
initiative and arrangements.